With the growth of Business to Customer (B2C) Messaging, RCS is gaining momentum with global launches. Its open platform provides developers with everything they need to build and deploy advanced communication applications, offering new revenue opportunities for operators looking to offer new services to enterprise customers
Mavenir RCS enables A2P (Application to Person) messages:
- Sender identified by name, not a short-code or MSISDN
- Integration of graphics and QR codes
- Hot-buttons to websites replacing links
- Executable code embedded in the message, enabling customers to take action immediately without going to a website
- Spam protection and privacy control measures to maintain customer trust
- Provides the basis for up-selling A2P SMS now, and a chatbot platform in the near future
- Universal Profile 2.0 standardizes this functionality across all Universal Profile clients
RCS & advanced communications
RCS is not just a Person-to-Person (P2P) messaging solution. The design of Mavenir RCS opens up possibilities to provide advanced communication between third party businesses and messaging users for a wide range of services such as Chatbots, Plugins, Artificial Intelligence, and other third-party industrial applications. For more information see our Messaging as a Platform and RCS Business Messaging solutions.
Mavenir RCS takes full advantage of the universal profile to provide a consistent and interoperable messaging experience between all supported devices across all operators worldwide. Subscribers can easily text, chat and share media without having to identify and download the same applications their contacts are using. The Universal Profile is also used to support the Messaging-as-a-Platform (MaaP) solution enabling use of chatbots or other artificial intelligence services and allowing businesses to realize the application-to-person (A2P) potential of IP messaging.
At the heart of Mavenir's RCS solution is mStore, an innovative network-based message store for all messaging types including text, multimedia, voice, video, fax, and greetings. In addition, mStore provides storage of scheduled and retry notifications plus metadata for all messages. The open REST-based API access enables store exposure to all applications or third party services. mStore is the ideal RCS message store that also works perfectly as the heart of a consolidated messaging solution.