Mavenir, the industry’s only end-to-end Network Software Provider and a leader in accelerating software network transformation for communications service providers (CSPs), revealed results of a recent Mobile Operator survey on OpenRAN. The survey, conducted by mobile industry analyst and consultant firm Senza Fili, was meant to gauge intent and gather feedback from Service providers to better understand the need and requirements for OpenRAN products.
Key results were:
- 100% of operators are considering using OpenRAN in key scenarios
- 43% of respondents are open to replace current vendors
- Cost savings were mentioned by 25% of respondents as a reason to consider multiple vendors
- 84% of operators will consider deploying RRUs and BBUs from different vendors in OpenRAN deployments
- Lower cost radios are seen as a key component to OpenRAN interface adoption