MAVENIR’S PRIVATE NETWORKS SOLUTION EMPOWERS MOBILE NETWORK OPERATORS WITH A REVENUE-GENERATING SOLUTION FOR BUSINESSES LOOKING TO REPLACE OUTDATED AND EXPENSIVE HARDWARE-BASED WIRELESS NETWORKS.
2020 is poised to be the true inflection point for the imminent rise of Private Networks (both MNO-owned/operated, as well as Enterprise-owned/operated). Drivers that will power the market for private networks:
- The transition from 4G to 5G, and rapid increase of use cases and applications
- The increased ask on network platforms to provide context and connectivity for both people and things
- The digital transformation of enterprises and industries, an integral part of any business environment
MAVENIR’S PRIVATE NETWORK STRATEGY IS BUILT ON THE FOLLOWING 4 PILLARS:
- “Open Architecture based approach” enabling bigger and broader ecosystems, including Digital marketplace of Device and application partner eco-system. It includes Multi-standard Open RAN offered in Neutral Host or Product models as opposed to traditional closed hardware-based RAN. Supporting multiple deployment topologies, including MEC.
- “End to End Distributed cloud-based capabilities” with fast on-boarding and reliability.100% cloud native, End-to-End software software-based agile network platforms, fully open architecture-based system. All elements such as 4G/5G Radio software, EPCs and 5G cloud-native core networks, as well as IMS, OSS/BSS and SIM/eSIM management and provisioning are cloud enabled Kubernetes based containerized architecture. These run on COTS (commercial off-the-shelf) hardware or public clouds, enabling lower costs. Cloud powered flexible deployment models – XaaS, On-Prem and Hybrid
- “In-a-box” integrated solutions for 4G/5G networks: The networks can run in isolation, where the company wants physical ownership and control over all components on-premise, without reliance on external data centers.
- “Fully automated deployment and Management”, provides single pane of glass view of all solution components, Manage network resources, network topology, Remote Monitoring, service assurance and diagnostics. Unique capability to expose device and network insights combined with subscription management and used case data. Zero Touch Network Orchestration is supported to manage cloud infrastructure, balancing the needs of multiple micro services and applications within defined parameters and a given load.
Mavenir offers its full portfolio of 4G and 5G solutions for the Private Networks market to address the needs of Enterprises, Industries and Service Providers.
Mavenir’s end-to-end 4G/5G solutions including Radio Access, Cloud Core & Digital Enablement Platform (see diagram).
- Mavenir’s OpenRAN vRAN encompasses 4G and 5G radio access, and the disaggregated RAN approach extends virtualization to the edge of the network and provides strategic differentiation by enabling multisource Remote Radio Units (RRUs) to interwork with the virtualized, containerized, Cloud Base Band software over ethernet Fronthaul (FH), using the O-RAN open interface overcoming the traditional constraints of the proprietary walled garden specifications used by the other traditional equipment vendors.
- Mavenir’s 5G Core solution, based on cloud-native principles, can be retrofitted on EPCs and encompasses all the major 5G core elements, and these functions are implemented as micro-services in containers. The Mavenir 5G Core also combines 4G EPC functionality and offers a ‘Converged Mobile Core’ solution that supports both 4G and 5G subscribers. In addition, the Mavenir 5G Core supports all Standalone (SA) and Non-Standalone (NSA) options.
- Mavenir’s Digital Enablement platform allows Private Network operators to create a seamless way of abstracting out the complexity of the underlying network, and create a digital app store for enterprise and industry applications – thereby empowering an ecosystem of developers, service providers, technology companies, enterprises and industries to create applications to power digitalization with 5G.
This end-to-end 5G system, based on cloud-first and open architecture principles, is highly suited to address both mass scale private enterprise use cases as well as bespoke high-end use cases for advanced industries.
The solution can be delivered as on-prem ‘network-in-a-box’, cloud-based ‘Network-as-a-Service’ or Hybrid models.