MAVENIR CHILDREN’S PRIVACY NOTICE
We recognize the importance of protecting children’s online privacy. As part of our partnership with schools to provide virtual learning services, our Platform may be used by students, including students under the age of 13. Outside of our school partnerships, we do not knowingly solicit or collect personal information from children under the age of 13. Please refer to this Children’s Privacy Notice for information about how we handle the personal information of students under the age of 13 who use our Platform in connection with our school partnerships.
This Children’s Privacy Notice explains our information practices with respect to personal information we obtain online from students under the age of 13 through our partnerships with schools to provide virtual learning services.
Information We Obtain From Children
When children use our Platform, we may obtain certain information, including:
- contact information, such as the child’s name, email address and phone number;
- information about the child’s school, including name, contact information, and location of the school;
- login details used to access the child’s account on the Platform (e.g., user name and password);
- account details, such as account name and number, account owner, personal meeting ID, photo, time zone, country, and settings and preferences;
- information about the child’s meetings, such as the name and duration of the meeting, the date and time the meeting was scheduled, and information about meeting participants (e.g., participant’s name and email address, the phone number a participant used to call into a meeting, and the times a participant joined and left a meeting);
- call records and history, such as the dates and times of calls, phone numbers of call participants, and the nature of the calls (e.g., incoming, outgoing or missed);chat history and logs, such as dates and times of chats and information about participants (e.g., names and user names)
- content (and related information)that is captured when using our Platform, such as live video or audio streams, images, chats and files exchanged in chats;
- information the child elects to provide about his or her contacts and favorites, such as their names and contact information;
- information about the child’s device, including IP address, device type, web browser characteristics, device characteristics, clickstream data, actions taken, dates and times used or login into the Platform, and other device identifiers; and
- other personal information the child provides to us, including through communications with us and feedback provided to us (e.g., survey responses).
How We Use The Information We Obtain from Children
We may use the personal information we obtain about children through our Platform to:
- provide our services, including our Platform;
- establish and manage the child’s account, and identify and authenticate the child so the child can use our Platform;
- communicate with the child, provide customer support and respond to the child’s inquiries;
- administer participation in surveys, contests, or other programs;
- protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities;
- operate, evaluate and improve our Platform and services (including managing our Platform; enhancing and improving our Platform and services; managing our communications; analyzing our Platform and services; performing data analytics; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions);
- maintain and enhance the safety and security of our Platform and services, and prevent misuse; and
Information Children Are Able to Make Publicly Available
Our Platform is designed to allow users to see, hear and talk to others from your computer or mobile device. When children use the Platform, they are able to make their personal information publicly available by:
- hosting a meeting on the Platform;
- participating in a phone call on the Platform;
- using the Platform’s chat functionality;
- requesting customer support; or
- otherwise using the Platform to communicate with others.
Information Mavenir Shares About Children
We may share personal information about children with:
- our affiliates and subsidiaries; and
- service providers and other entities who perform services on our behalf. We do not authorize our service providers to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements.
In addition, we may disclose personal information (1) if we are required to do so by law or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena); (2) in response to requests by government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities; (3) to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights; (4) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical or other harm or financial loss; or (5) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity; or (6) otherwise with consent.
We reserve the right to transfer any personal information we have about children in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a merger, acquisition, joint venture, reorganization, divestiture, dissolution or liquidation).
The following third-party operators may collect personal information from children through our Platform:
- Google, for Google Analytics
- Zendesk, for Zendesk Guide (online help center)
Please contact us at the mailing address, email, or phone number listed at the end of this Children’s Privacy Notice with questions about the operators’ privacy policies and data collection and use practices.
As a parent or guardian of child user of Mavenir Connect, you have the right to review or have your child’s personal information deleted. You may also refuse to permit further collection or use of the child’s information. To do so, please contact your child’s school to request access to your child’s personal information or to request that it be deleted. School administrators can facilitate a parent’s access to and deletion of personal information by using the controls on our Platform. If a parent wishes to stop any further collection or use of their child’s personal information, the parent can request that the school administrator use the appropriate Platform controls to limit the child’s access to certain Platform features, or if this is not feasible, delete the child’s account entirely.
Children’s Privacy Notice: www.mavenir.com/connect-childrens-privacy-notice
Mavenir Systems, Inc.
1700 International Parkway, Suite 200
Richardson, Texas USA 75081