The mobile industry is at a tipping point. In the 5G era, status quo network economics are unsustainable. Mobile operators cannot carry on business-as-usual and expect to meet surging bandwidth demand, compete with web-scale rivals and prepare for a 5G future. The cost-per-bit model must change, revenue-generating services must be explored and revenue must be protected from fraud and hacking.
Mavenir's vision to transform mobile network economics is built on innovative, software-based solutions that enable new revenue streams, protect existing ones, and significantly lower capex and opex. As a proven expert in mobile network transformation since 2005, Mavenir is leveraging our innovation DNA and hardware-free approach to disrupt the status quo and enable CSPs to compete and grow revenues within the 4G/5G evolution.
Talk to Mavenir at 5G MENA to learn more.
Ian has more than thirty years’ experience in mobile telecommunications and high availability distributed systems. Prior to joining Mavenir, he was the CTO of 724 Solutions before becoming Chief Architect at Mobixell Networks. Having started his career developing signaling stacks for the 5ESS at AT&T/Phillips, Ian went on to be a member of Tandem’s High-Performance Research Center (HPRC). Ian holds an Honors Degree in Computer Science from Heriot-Watt University and multiple patents.
Panel Discussion: Understanding the ROI and justifying investment for 5G
- Examining the technology investment lifecycle
- Still waiting on ROI from LTE – why invest in 5G? When and how should we expect ROI? What is realistic?
- Balancing the need to invest in networks, whilst reducing costs
- Strategies to strengthen corporate balance sheets
- Risk management
- Maximising shareholder value
- Rapidly changing consumer behaviors and impacts for networks
- Challenges for CSPs – erosion of market share and ARPU
- Utilizing NFV/SDN and AI strategies for cost reduction, and revenue generation, protection and assurance